- Recent Posts
- Leaning Toward Leaning: Why Indoor Cyclists Are Swaying Toward the Bowflex VeloCore Spin Bike.
- Every Step of the Way: How the Innovative Bowflex JRNY App Keeps Your Fitness Goals on Track
- You Say You Want a Resolution? How to keep your New Year Fitness Fortitude from Fading by February
- Flaman Fitness Saskatoon Expands to Serve You Better
- Why the Wait for Weights? The complex story of supply & demand, and what Flaman Fitness is doing for our customers
Blog Archive - August 2011
Adequate nutrition and hydration during activity provides the energy needed to perform at a high level, allows for mental focus and skill execution, and helps prevent hunger and thirst. The duration and intensity of your activity will affect your food and fluid needs, as well as the temperature, humidity, and altitude at which you are being active. This is a very individualized science and your needs may differ from your workout partner or teammate.
It's important to start to make healthy food choices on a regular basis, but once you add more activity to your life it's important to look at your food choices around your activity. With more activity comes a higher sweat and energy loss. These fluid and food losses need to be replaced to fuel your next workout session.