- Recent Posts
- Percussive Massage: The Sweet Beat of Pain Relief
- The PFX FT Max Functional Trainer: So Versatile, It’s Scary.
- Coming to Terms: Pump Up Your Fitness Literacy
- That Next Step’s a Doozy: How the Bowflex M9 Stacks Up against the M6 and M8.
- Smooth Run. Tough Choice: Bowflex Treadmill 7, 10 or 22?
Blog Archive - June 2013
Someone told me that a person like me couldn't lift. So my job became: who is a person like me? And why CAN I lift? I like to meet challenges head on. So my journey began. I am in the final phases of prepping for the North American Powerlifting Championships. I have trained, I have devoted time to hot yoga to prepare my mind and I have eaten clean.
Am I ready? As ready as I can be. Each competition brings new mental and physical challenges and emotional hurdles. Finding the ways to deal with these is interesting. I think this time around I am better prepared.....
Loosing weight is one of the hardest things I think anyone can do. To me it is 100% a state of mind, if you can't put your head in it, it wont happen. If there was a magic pill that you could take and the next day be skinny and happy then that sh*t would be flying off the shelf!