Studios put a lot of thought into creating the perfect experience for riders, so Shwinn’s whisper quiet Smooth Cycling series is designed to keep riders focused on what’s ahead of them, not what’s underneath them – although what’s underneath them is quite remarkable. Indoor cyclists mounted on the SC 5 bike will enjoy a long list of exceptional user-focused features. These include best-in-class biomechanics and a range of adjustability that makes it the perfect fit for riders of all shapes and sizes.
Those benefits are built-in and built to last. The SC 5 bike is rock solid – constructed of rust-defying materials. Its components are designed for a long, low-maintenance life. Two patent-pending features keep the pedaling consistently smooth – bottom brackets that exceed industry standards and a durable, threadless Morse Taper design that prevents breakage by keeping the pedals fastened tightly to the bike. The SC 5’s belt drive is also smooth – noiselessly powering a drivetrain built for comfort, with a Q factor of 162 mm.
Altogether, Schwinn delivers uncompromising quality that quietly, consistently allows riders to get the most from their studio experience.
• Drive train features a durable 6-Groove Poly-V belt for exceptionally smooth cycling
• Resistance system incorporates a top-down friction brake pad
• Heavy 41 lb Perimeter-Weighted Flywheel
• Direct Pressure Brake Resistance
• Optional 4iiii® crank arm power meter delivers accurate strain gauge power feedback to help riders train harder and smarter
• Morse Taper pedals and bottom bracket for increased durability and reliability
• Multi-position handlebars accommodate a wide range of choreography
• Find your perfect riding position with easy micro seat and handlebar adjustments
• Seat slider and handlebar materials – Aluminum
• Handlebars and seat settings provide vertical and fore/aft user adjustment for optimal bike fit
• Dual oversized easy access water bottle holders integrated into the handlebar design
• Comes standard with Double Link pedals featuring a larger pedal body and both SPD clips and toe cage
Length: 55″ (140 cm)
Width: 21″ (53 cm)
Height: 47″ (119 cm)
User Weight Capacity: 350 lbs (159 kg)
Product Weight: 134 lbs (61 kg)
Flywheel Weight: 41 lbs (19 kg)
Ship Weight: 145 lbs (67 kg)
- Write Your Own Review: Schwinn SC 5 Bike