Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I get through to my local store??
We are currently experiencing a very high volume of orders and phone calls to our store. To protect the safety of our staff and to respect social distancing, many locations are also operating with reduced staff. This makes it challenging to answer calls and inquires in a timely manner. We kindly ask for your patience and forgiveness as our staff is working long hours to help our customers and fulfill orders. You may experience a longer than normal wait time on the phone or in store, but please know you are important to us and we will help you as soon as we can. Some of our stores are staffed by 1 or 2 people, so if a staff member is what a customer for a curbside pick up, a phone call may go unanswered. Please call us back if you can.
2. Are your stores open?
Due to varying provincial regulations, some of our stores are welcoming customers in-store, but others are still closed to the public.
- Our BC stores are open to the public in a limited capacity. We ask for your patience as we limit the number of customers allowed in the store at one time.
- Our Saskatchewan stores are open in a limited capacity. If you arrive at the store and the door is locked, we are at our social distancing capacity. Please call to inform us that you are waiting and we will allow you in at the next available time. It shouldn’t take too long. We strongly encourage you to book an appointment in advance to come in store, as we are limiting the number of people allowed in store at one time. Thank you for your patience.
- Our Alberta stores are open to the public in a limited capacity. We ask for your patience as we limit the number of customers allowed in the store at one time.
- Our Burlington and Woodbridge stores in Ontario are closed to normal walk in traffic but are still open for curbside pickup, deliveries and open by appointment only to view or purchase large cardio equipment and weight machines. Please call to place an order or book an appointment.
- Our Brantford store is open in a limited capacity, and we ask that customers please stop and wait for assistance at the fitness equipment part of the store, especially if our sales team is with other customers. Thank you for maintaining your social distance.
All of our locations are offering curbside pick-up at the store for orders paid in full, and some stores are offering curbside home delivery options. Please call your local store to place an order and to discuss delivery or pick-up options and how we can serve you still. Our stores have varying hours as well, so please contact your nearest location for more information or click here for our up-to-date store hours.
3. I ordered online for in-store pick up, when can I pick up my order?
Due to the increased order volumes for fitness equipment, coupled with reduced staff in our warehouse to allow for safe distancing, we are seeing delays in the processing and shipping of online orders. Please allow up to 2 weekdays for your order to be processed. You will be notified when payment is processed and then you will be notified separately with approximately how long your order should take to be ready for pick up. Please refer to your confirmation email for expected delivery time to the store. We ask for your patience as staff at our stores deal with an unprecedented amount of in store and online orders and are working hard, often with reduced staff and on reduced hours, to take care of our customers. If you ordered with home delivery, you will be notified when payment is processed and will be notified separately with approximate shipping time once your order leaves our warehouse. Please remember that we use third party shipping companies and many of those are seeing delays in shipping times because of the high volume of shipments.
If you would like an update on the status of your online order, please refer to the contact info listed in your order confirmation email or contact our head office in Saskatoon here.
4. Are popular products (such as dumbbells) still in stock?
There is limited stock at our stores right now as we currently await new shipments of inventory. Product shipment and replenishment is uncertain right now due to supply chain issues so we apologize, but we cannot guarantee the arrival of product at this time. With the increase in order volumes we are experiencing, our team is working diligently to keep our website up to date with what's in stock and out-of-stock, but we still recommend contacting your local store to ensure products are available. Our website may not always accurately reflect the local inventory.
5. What can I order online?
We have a small amount of product available for online purchase. You can view the items here. We’ve limited the products sold online because of inventory limitations, but also because we have reduced staff available to process and fulfill online orders in a timely manner.
Flaman Fitness Daily Updates
June 15th, 2020
Ontario Stores Open For Limited Appointments
Our stores in Ontario are welcoming customers back in store in very limited capacities. Our Burlington and Woodbridge stores are offering limited in store appointments to view or purchase large cardio equipment and weight machines only. Please call ahead as we cannot allow customers in the store without an appointment. We remain closed to normal walk in traffic but are still offering curbside pickup and deliveries. Please call to place an order or book an appointment.
Our Brantford store is open in a limited capacity, and we ask that customers please stop and wait for assistance at the fitness equipment part of the store, especially if our sales team is with other customers. Thank you for maintaining your social distance.
Saskatchewan Stores Open to the Public
Our Saskatchewan stores are open to the public in a limited capacity. If you arrive at the store and the door is locked, we are at our social distancing capacity. Please call to inform us that you are waiting and we will allow you in at the next available time. It shouldn’t take too long. We strongly encourage you to book an appointment in advance to come in store, as we are limiting the number of people allowed in store at one time.
Thank you for your patience.
Alberta Stores Open to the Public
Our Alberta stores are open to the public in a limited capacity. We ask for your patience as we limit the number of customers allowed in the store at one time. Please check our store hours here.
June 1st, 2020
BC Stores Now Open to the Public
Many of our BC stores are now open to the public in a limited capacity. We appreciate your patience while we limit the numbers of customers allowed in the store at one time. We continue to take phone orders for curbside pickup. Please check the location page for store hours and to confirm if your local store is welcoming customers in-store.
May 19th, 2020
Saskatchewan Stores Offering Limited In-Store Appointments
As of May 19, the province of Saskatchewan is allowing many retail stores to re-open. At Flaman Fitness, we’ve chosen to take a slower approach to re-opening our stores, for the safety and protection of our staff and our customers. We will be offering limited in-store appointments as necessary for customers to look at equipment. Our stores will remain closed to the public unless you have an appointment. Where possible, we will be continuing with phone orders and curbside pick up and curbside delivery options. Please contact your local store here to discuss your options and to place an order.
May 19th, 2020
Ontario Stores Continuing with Curbside Pickup
As of May 19, the province of Ontario is allowing many retail stores to re-open. In an effort to protect the safety of our staff and our customers, we’ve chosen to take a slower and more cautious approach to re-opening. Our stores will remain closed to the public for now, and we will be continuing with phone orders and curbside pick up and delivery options. There are some options for in-home set up, but please speak to a sales associate for more details. Please contact your local store here to discuss your options and to place an order.
May 14th, 2020
Ontario Stores Now Offering Curbside Pick Up
Our Ontario stores in Burlington, Woodbridge and Brantford are now able to offer curbside pick up options. While still closed to the public, you can place a telephone order for curbside or home delivery. Please call our stores for more info here. We are experiencing a high call volume so we ask for your patience when calling the store.
April 21st, 2020
Some Product Available for Online Purchase
We have made a select group of product available for online ordering. You can view the items here. Please note, due to high demand and inventory issues, you may experience a delay in the processing of your order and shipping. We thank you for your patience.
April 7th, 2020
Fun Family Activities
Are you looking for physical activities, educational resources or fun things to do with your children while staying at home? We've collected some online and virtual resources in this blog post.
March 30th, 2020
Alberta Stores Closed on Sundays
Our Alberta Fitness stores are now closed on Sundays and we will not have staff available to answer phone calls or facilitate pick ups. Thank you for your understanding.
March 25th, 2020
Ontario Stores Closed to Public
As per the government regulations, our Ontario stores are now closed to the public. We are still taking phone calls and answering emails, and we are offering no-contact home delivery (curbside drop off only). Orders can no longer be picked up at the store. We will be implementing strict cleaning procedures to make sure orders are clean when they leave the store. For the safety of employees, we will have minimal staff working at a time, so we ask for your patience when calling and while we process orders. Thank you for understanding.
March 24th, 2020
Most Alberta and British Columbia Stores Closed to Public – Still Taking Virtual Orders
To protect the health and safety for our staff and customers, most stores in Alberta and British Columbia are now closed to the public. We are still open for business and we are still accepting orders via phone, email and other virtual ways. Our locations are offering curbside pick-up service at the stores for orders paid in full. Please call your local store to place an order and discuss pick-up options.
The stores/cities affected by this are:
- Red Deer
- Medicine Hat
March 23rd, 2020
Updated Store Hours
The following locations have reduced their store hours:
- Our Edmonton location on Yellowhead Trail is open 10 am to 4 pm daily
- Both Calgary locations are open 10 am to 4 pm daily
- Red Deer is open 10 am to 4 pm daily
- Fitness sales at our Nisku location will only be between 10 am to 4 pm (Mon-Fri)
March 21st, 2020
Most Saskatchewan and Ontario Stores Closed to Public – Still Taking Virtual Orders
Effectively immediately, out of an abundance of caution for our staff and customers, most stores in Saskatchewan and Ontario are now closed to the public. To continue serving the health needs of our customers, we are still accepting orders via phone, email and other virtual ways. Our locations are offering curbside pick-up service at the stores for orders paid in full, along with curbside home delivery options. Please call your local store to place an order and discuss pick-up options.
The store affected by this are:
March 20th, 2020
E-commerce Temporarily Paused
Due to overwhelming demand, we are temporarily stopping e-commerce orders on our website. All existing orders will still be processed but you may experience a delay. Please check our Location page for stores that are open near you.
New Reduced Store Hours and Store Limits
The following stores now have reduced hours. We will also be limiting the number of people allowed in each store to practice safe social distancing (this will vary by store based on its size) so we ask for your patience when visiting one of our stores as there may be a wait to enter the store.
- Kelowna 10 am to 2 pm, 7 days a week
- Kamloops 10 am to 2 pm, 7 days a week
- Lethbridge 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday and closed on weekends.
- Medicine Hat 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday and closed on weekends.
- Nisku 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday and closed on weekends.
In Store Pick Up Suspended in Certain Locations
We have temporarily removed the option for in store pick up on e-commerce orders for the following locations:
We have added a new pick up location at our warehouse in Langley, B.C.: Unit 3- 27355 Gloucester Way. This location is for e-commerce orders only and is open by appointment only.
New Cash Policy
We are doing our best to mitigate the spread of the virus and are asking customers where possible to choose cashless methods of payments to cut down on the spread of germs. Thank you.
Moosomin Reducing Store Hours
Our Moosomin location has reduced their store hours and is closing on Saturdays. They are normally closed Sundays. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Burlington & Woodbridge Stores Temporarily Closed
Our Burlington & Woodbridge stores are temporarily closed until further notice. Visits to these stores may be made by appointment only – please call the store for arrangements. We apologize for the inconvenience.
March 19th, 2020
Nelson Store Temporarily Closed
Our Nelson store is temporarily closed until further notice. Visits to the store may be made by appointment only – please call the store for arrangements. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Qualicum Beach Store By Appointment Only
Our Qualicum Beach store is open by appointments only until further notice. Please call the store to make an appointment.
Wait Time for Online Orders
We are experiencing a higher than normal volume of ecommerce orders. It may take up to 2 weekdays for your order to be processed and payment put through, before it’s sent to our shipping department. You will receive notification when the order is processed and payment is captured, as well as when it leaves our warehouse. You will also be notified when your order is ready to pick up in store. Please refer to your order, which lists the approximate time it could take for the product to arrive or be ready for in store pick up.
Woodbridge and Burlington Store Hours Reduced
We will be reducing our store hours at our Burlington and Woodbridge locations. The new hours will be: Monday through Saturday 10:30 am to 4 pm. Sundays will remain the same (11 am to 4 pm).
Limit to Customers in Store
All Ontario stores are limiting customers to between 2-5 at one time to practice safe social distancing. Thank you for understanding and for your patience.
March 18th, 2020
Updates to our Service and Delivery Policies
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, we are making the following changes to our service and delivery offerings, effective immediately until further notice:
In Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia:
- All in-home service calls will be suspended
- In-home equipment set-up will be suspended
- Commercial fitness equipment service and set-up will be suspended
In Saskatchewan: as of March 20, 2020
- All in-home service will be suspended
- In-home equipment set-up will be suspended
- Commercial fitness equipment service and set-up will be suspended
Delivery and Services that will be supported still:
- Curb Side Deliveries: We will be offering no contact drop off at front doors or in garage for all of our products. We can also arrange for set-up of smaller equipment at our store, followed by drop off with no contact at the front door or garage. Please call your local store to see what equipment this is offered for.
- Service on equipment will only be done at the store. If needed, no contact pick-up of equipment at the front door or garage can be arranged, for a fee. Please call your local store for details.
- Pick-up at the store level is still available, pending any closures or reduced hours. Please call ahead for availability if you wish to pick up an item in store. You will still be notified by phone or email about any online order ready for pick-up.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
March 17th, 2020
An Update to our Return Policy
Due to the effects of COVID-19, and to protect our valued customers and employees, we will not be accepting returns on open box or used products purchased from March 17th, 2020 onward and will not be accepting trade-ins on fitness equipment until further notice. Please see our return policy for more information. Thank you for understanding.
March 13th, 2020
A Message from our Board Chair
To Our Valued Customers,
As we continue to monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada, I wanted to take a moment to assure you, our customers, about the increased health and safety measures being put in place at Flaman Fitness. The health of our staff and customers is of our utmost concern and we continue to take appropriate steps to mitigate exposure through our retail stores and through our service and delivery staff.
Most retail locations will remain open and operating at normal business hours. We continue to monitor the local health authority recommendations regarding closures, and if there are changes, we will note them immediately on our flamanfitness.com location page as well as on our Google business listing page.
Here are some of the measures being put in place at our retail locations:
- Employees who can work from home are being encouraged to do so, to mitigate any chance of exposure.
- Employees are being reminded about proper hygiene and hand sanitizer is being made readily available in store.
- We will be contacting our cleaners to ensure extra steps are taken to ensure stores are properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Our service and delivery teams are being extra vigilant in hand washing and using hand sanitizer when they have direct contact with customers at their homes or business.
- Demo equipment in our showrooms is being cleaned after any use by staff or customers.
We know that the situation is changing rapidly and we wish to be as accommodating as possible to customers. If you wish to postpone or reschedule any service call or delivery of equipment, please call the local store you purchased from and they will be happy to help. Service calls can be rebooked with no penalty.
We do not expect our e-commerce business to be affected and we are still fulfilling orders. You may see a possible slow down in freight times based on courier availability (which at this time is still at full capacity.) If for some reason you do need to cancel an e-commerce order and you haven’t received notification yet that the product has shipped, please reach out to us at email@example.com
In case you don’t feel like coming into the store, as always, feel free to pick up the phone and give us a call or send us an email. We also strongly encourage you to take advantage of our website chat service with Grace, our Flaman Fitness expert staff member. She can answer any product or shipping inquiries you might have.
We’d like to remind you that some of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of disease are:
- Washing your hands regularly. Wash your hands after using the restroom, touching your face, eating, drinking, coughing, or sneezing, and at regular intervals throughout the day. Use warm soapy water and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, or the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice. Alternatively, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is effective.
- Following proper cough and sneeze hygiene. Cover your nose or mouth with a tissue or your elbow — not your hand — and discard the tissue immediately after.
- Staying at home if you are sick.
If you desire additional information pertaining to Novel Coronavirus - COVID-19 – the following websites are good sources to use.
As always, we are here to support you on your health and fitness journey and wish you all health and wellness in the days to come.
Public Health Notice Regarding COVID-19
We'd like to remind you that some of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of disease are:
- Washing your hands regularly. Wash your hands after using the restroom, touching your face, eating, drinking, coughing, or sneezing, and at regular intervals throughout the day. Use warm soapy water and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, or the time it takes to sing "Happy Birthday" twice. Alternatively, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is effective.
- Following proper cough and sneeze hygiene. Cover your nose or mouth with a tissue or your elbow — not your hand — and discard the tissue immediately after
- Staying at home if you are sick.
COVID-19 Federal Assistance Programs
We've collected some helpful links regarding the programs that the federal government has initiated to assist businesses and individuals through the pandemic: