Do a comprehensive workout in one spot.
The Progression Fitness PFX FT Max Functional Trainer is the all-in-one solution for home gym enthusiasts and personal trainers with a lot to do but limited floor space – bringing the features of several strength-training machines together in one remarkable, heavy-duty machine.
Whatever kind of training you like to do – strength, power, bodybuilding, muscular endurance, glycolytic efficiency, plyometric, compound or isolation, concentric or eccentric (Negative), slow twitch or fast twitch – this trainer offers the number of exercise options you’d usually only get by walking from machine to machine to machine. Now you can walk up to one and reap the benefits of several:
- Smith Machine: Can’t get a gym buddy or a spotter to watch out for your safety while you do your squats, front squats, lunges, standing calf raises, shrugs, upright rows and more? The PFX Max offers the convenience of a Smith Machine, with commercial-grade guide rails that provide a smooth, straight, frictionless lift plus a safe lock and release mechanism to provide a safety catch whenever you need one.
- Power Rack: If you want to add some free weight barbell exercises into your workout, this trainer comes with a 7’ Olympic bar and sturdy J-hooks to rest it on. These j-hooks are easy to detach and re-attach, providing stable and secure support as you raise or lower them through several height options, enabling a variety of exercises. If you’d like to vary your barbell selection, Flaman Fitness offers a wide selection of durable bars for weightlifting and CrossFit training.
- Functional Trainer: Perform dozens of exercises thanks to swivelling pulleys, and adjustable height positions for your shoulder, arms, chest, back, core and leg cable workouts. With fluid cable movement and plentiful attachments, you’ll always have plenty to do – in comfort and safety.
- Ergonomic Multi-grip Chin up / Pull Up Station: Prefer building strength by using your own body weight as resistance? The PFX Max Trainer offers multiple handholds for a wide variety of exercises, including pull-ups, chin-ups, wide grip pull-ups, and reverse grip pull-ups.
- Dip Station: Why just pull your weight up when you can push it, too? Dips are an excellent way to develop your chest, front deltoids, and triceps. This trainer’s multi-grip dip station handles allow you to switch muscle targeting by widening or narrowing your grip. Multiple adjustment positions can raise or lower your starting point and allow you to up your intensity by adding power bands or more weights.
- Vertical Leg Press Plate: How about those thighs, calves, hamstrings and glutes? It’s a good time to ask because right now, in the PFX Max spirit of optimum functional training value, we’re doing your legs a special favour. For a limited time, we’re including the usually optional vertical leg press plate at no extra charge. This premium addition allows you to do a supine leg press with multiple stance variations – allowing you to target specific muscle groups. And since the press works on a smith, you can lock out the bar by simply rotating your ankles after that final rep. So get busy and give your lower body equal time.
Add an adjustable bench from our fine Flaman Fitness selection, and incorporate the bench press, incline bench press, decline bench press, military press, press behind neck and more into your routine.
Fluid cable movement, swivelling pulleys, and adjustable height positions allow you to Perform dozens of shoulder, arms, chest, back, core and leg exercises in comfort and safety.
The PFX FT Max offers a safe lock and release mechanism on the Smith bar, safety spotter arms and J-hooks on the cage when you need to set your barbell down quickly.
Vertical Leg Press Plate
This leg press plate, usually a premium option, comes standard and allows you to do supine leg presses with multiple stance variations and target specific muscle groups.
Plenty of Accessories
- 7ft Olympic bar
- Lat pulldown bar
- 36” training bar
- One pair of safety spotter arm with 850 lbs capacity
- Tricep curl bar,
- Ankle strap
- One pair of J-hooks.
- Eight-link extension chain
- 1 pair of cable handles
- 1 pair of Olympic spring clips
- Pre-training Row Handle
FOR LARGER VIEW OF GRAPHIC, CLICK ON "DOWNLOAD PRODUCT SELL SHEET" ABOVE.
- Best bang for your buck
I am super happy with this unit. I was lucky enough to get on the first batch that came in. Thankfully it's been a week or two before leaving this review, otherwise I would have left less stars because it was a pain in the butt to setup. Instructions are mediocre, building difficulty is probably a 6/10 but it took me probably 5 or 6 hours to build in total.
Every single part is wrapped up, which is great to protect it but probably overkill. Maybe took an hour to get everything opened and garbage in a bag. I'm not super handy or anything but have built my fair share of ikea furniture. 5-6 hours just seems like it's too long. Like they could have pre-assembled some items.
Otherwise, I'm super happy about the unit. The leg press plate is a very cool idea and I've used it to target my calfs and do a really high ROM squat with my back supported on a bench. The smith bar and cables are smooth as the one at my gym. The plate storage is oddly at the back. I guess it makes it easier to walk beside the unit with the plates stored on the back but the gym is in a pretty tight area in my garage. I think I'd rather them on the side, although it looks kickass having them on the back and the view from the side is clean.
Jacked about all of the attachments included. The free olympic bar is just so-so but they include it because the frame's spotter arms are so far apart. I have an 84" and 86" bar at home. The 86" barely fits the spotter arms and the 84" does NOT fit. Not a big deal because it comes with an 86" bar with longer shaft and shorter collars to make it fit with more room on the sides to rack the bar. And do yourself a favour and get some rubber mats to put underneath the cage.
Price Value Quality
Write Your Own Review: Progression Fitness PFX FT Max Functional Trainer